Transfer Emails in Gmail into another Gmail account, or to an email address of your choice via Outlook, Google Apps and other email clients. Below are the steps needed to send emails to an existing Gmail account onto an additional Gmail account.
Transfer Emails from One Gmail account to another
Gmail makes it simple to move email messages between an existing Gmail Account to another Gmail Account or to another email account that is compatible with Outlook, Yahoo and most other email applications.
This feature is helpful when you’re changing to the fresh Gmail Account or you want the ability to move Emails via Bulk out of Gmail into other Email clients such as Outlook, Yahoo and others.
Transferring Emails of Gmail onto another accounts requires two steps.
1. Set up POP in the old Gmail Account
2. Import emails from old to the New Gmail Account
NOTE: As mentioned above the other Email Account which you are transferring Emails to could also be associated with other Email clients such as Outlook, Yahoo and others.
1. Allow POP to be enabled in the Gmail Accounts that are Old Gmail Account
All your emails that are stored in your Gmail Account are on Google servers. You must utilize one of the POP as well as IMAP the data transfer protocol in order to speed up the transfer of data between Gmail and other email accounts.
In this instance we will make the use the use of POP (Post Office Protocol) to transfer Emails from One Gmail to another Gmail Account.
So follow the steps below to turn on POP in your Gmail Account from which you wish to move Emails to another account.
1. Utilizing PC or Mac Log in using Google Account. Account.
2. Click on the Gear icon at the upper right-hand edge of the screen. Then select Settings.
3. On the Settings screen, select the Forwarding tab and then POP/IMAP.
4. On the next screen, choose Enable the POP option for every mail options.
Then, you can decide whether you would like to keep copies of Emails within your Inbox or mark they as Read, or archive them, or erase the Emails once they have been transferred to a different Account.
In this image, you can also find the another option that says “Enable POP for all mail which will start to arrive from today”.
If you select this option, however, it will not move any emails from the Old Gmail Account to New Gmail Account It will send new Emails to the other Email Account.
5. After making your choice, click on the”Save” Changes button.
After you have enabled POP on all your mail, you will be able to remove yourself from your Gmail Account and then follow the next step of your new Gmail Account.
2. Importing Old Emails into New Gmail Account
After POP has been enabled in your the old Gmail Account, the next step is to start this process to transfer data to Your New Gmail Account.
1. Log into your Gmail account.
2. Click on the icon for Gear and choose Settings from the drop-down.
3. On the settings screen, select the Accounts tab and then Import.
4. On the next screen, choose Import Emails from an account I have (POP3) option, and then select Next.
5. On the next pop-up, type in your Old Gmail Account’s email address and select Next.
6. On the next screen, type in your Password for your previous Gmail Account, and click on the Add Account button.
7. Next, you will be asked whether or not you wish to reply to emails that you have received with an “Old Address” or “New Address”.
If you choose “Yes then you’ll be asked to confirm your email address by entering an authorization code. If you select “No” the set-up will be completed while your email address will also be created.
After that, Google will start the process of transferring emails from the old Gmail Account to the New Gmail Account.