In the Photos app, you can know how to Hide photos and videos on your iPhone or store them in The Hidden album. It is also possible to recover photos that you have deleted recently. Photos you erase and store are saved to albums called Hidden or Recently Deleted albums, which you unlock with the iPhone security method.
If you utilize iCloud Photos on iPhone the images you remove or hide are synced to your other devices.
Remove or block a picture or video
In Photos, tap on a photo or video, and then choose one or both of these:
- Remove: Tap to erase a photo from your iPhone as well as other devices with identical iCloud Photos account.Videos and photos deleted are saved within the Recently Deleted album for 30 days. You can then restore them or completely remove them off all media devices.
- Hide: Tap the screen, and then tap Hide in the options list.Hidden images are added into the Hidden album. They aren’t accessible anywhere other than the Hidden album.To disable the Hidden album, so that it does not show up in Albums, click Settings > > Photos and turn off the Hidden Album.
You can delete or hide multiple pictures and videos
When you are looking through photos in an album or the Days or All Photos view within your library, try one of the following:
- delete: Tap Select, move or tap across the screen to select items you want to remove and then click .
- Hide Click Select. drag or tap onto the screen to choose the items you wish to hide. Tap after which hit Hide.
Find or permanently delete deleted images
To retrieve deleted images, or to erase them permanently take the steps below:
- Tap Albums, and then tap Recently deleted under Utilities.
- Select the option, and then select the images and videos you wish to save or remove.
- Select Recover or Delete from the end on the page.
Unlock the recently deleted and hidden albums
The recently deleted and hidden albums will be locked automatically. The albums can be unlocked using your iPhone authentication method, which is Face IDor Touch ID or your password.
To switch the default setting to lock or unlocked Go in Settings > Photos, and then switch off Use Passcode.