The Books App for iPhone and iPad allows you to download Books as PDFs, Audiobooks and PDFs directly on your device. After you have finished reading books you can delete them easily Books From iPhone and iPad to clear storage space and stop your device from becoming cluttered with books.
Delete Books From iPhone or iPad
Following the instructions below, you can follow to remove books off your iPhone or iPad by using an app called iBooks App.
1. Open the Books App on your iPhone or iPad and then tap the Library tab that is located on the bottom of the menu.
2. On the next screen, you’ll be able to see all the books you have downloaded in your iPhone. Select Edit found in the upper right part of your display.
3. Now, select the books you wish to remove by tapping the circle beside the books.
4. After selecting books after which you can tap the Trash icon at the bottom right corner on your display.
5. You will see an alert, click on the Remove Downloads option to erase the book you’ve selected off your iPhone.
You can also erase books from your iPhone by tapping the 3-dot icon that is next to the book and then clicking on the Remove button in the menu that slides up.
Prevent Deleted Books From Showing Up On iPhone
Even after you remove books from your iPhone however, they’ll be visible in your Library by using the cloud icon.
Although, this configuration is created to make it easier to download books that you have deleted but it doesn’t accomplish the reason for deleting books on iPhone even if the intention was to lessen the volume of books that are stored in your Library.
Fortunately, it’s simple to block the deletion of books from appearing on Your Library for your iPhone.
1. Open the Books App on your iPhone and then tap on the Library tab.
2. On the next screen, click the small Menu icon beside the book you deleted that you wish to conceal.
3. On the slide-up menu, select the remove… selection.
4. On the next pop-up, click the Hide Book alternative.
Once this is done, you’ll not be able to see the Deleted book appear in the Library on your iPhone.
How to Recover Deleted Books on iPhone and iPad
The books you remove from your iPhone remain connected to you Apple ID and you can download the deleted book at any time from your iPhone without having to pay for them again.
1. Open the Books App on your iPhone and then tap Reading Now > your Profile icon.
2. On your Accounts screen, select the Manage Hidden Purchases.
3. On the next screen, you can tap the Unhide option that is right next to the book that was deleted that you wish to download again to your iPhone.
4. After unhiding the book, click on the Library tab, then tap on the Menu Icon with three dots close to the book you deleted.
5. Next, tap on the Download button in the menu slide which appears.
The books you have deleted will be downloaded again onto your iPhone.