It’s very simple to backup WhatsApp to iCloud Manually, and set up automated WhatsApp Backups to iCloud storage from your iPhone. Below are the steps for backing up WhatsApp to iCloud on your iPhone.
Backup WhatsApp to iPhone
In default mode, WhatsApp for iOS uses your Apple Account to store all of the data in your WhatsApp Chats.
Therefore, the first thing to do is ensure that WhatsApp is connected to iCloud on your iPhone. This can be done by clicking settings and then Apple ID Name > enable WhatsApp using iCloud.
Additionally, you might need to ensure that the WhatsApp Backup process takes place via an WiFi Network, not the expensive mobile data network.
It is possible to do this by clicking settings > cellular turn off iCloud Drive to OFF position.
1. Manually Backup WhatsApp to iPhone
You can manually backup WhatsApp to iCloud app from your phone at any point using the instructions listed below.
1. Open WhatsApp on your iPhone and then tap the Settings tab at the bottom of the menu.
2. From the Settings screen, click Chats > Backup Chat.
3. On the next screen, select Backup Now and begin the process of back up all of your WhatsApp chats from your iPhone into Your iCloud Account.
Notice: Enable the option to include videos, in the event that you wish to back up WhatsApp videos linked to your messages.
2. Setup Automated WhatsApp Backup to iCloud
As we mentioned earlier it is also possible to set up Automated WhatsApp backups for iCloud from your iPhone.
1. Open WhatsApp and click on the Settings tab on the bottom menu.
2. From the Settings screen, select Chats > Chat Backup scroll down, and then tap Auto Backup.
3. On the next screen, choose either a weekly, daily or monthly WhatsApp Auto Backup.
Once you have completed the above steps you’ll be able to see that your iPhone immediately backing up WhatsApp Photos and Messages to iCloud when it is connected to the WiFi Network.